Sunday, April 24, 2011

My nieces (twins) are looking to find cartoonists freelance work? They are 20 y/o. Any ideas on where to fo


My nieces (twins) are looking to find cartoonists freelance work? They are 20 y/o. Any ideas on where to fo?
They are excellent artists in the cartoon field. Have had a few published in magazines, etc. Any ideas on where they can go to find some paying jobs? They are still in college and looking for parttime work.
Drawing & Illustration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you are a Singaporean please refer to the Young Classified which is the best every sunday or anything.
2 :
I have a webhosting business, and I am busy expanding to provide webdesign for my customers too, I can oofer some work but I can't guarentee it will be lots of work, mail me at djarn_djarn@yahoo.com with some examples of what they are capable of doing. They are welcome to do work for thoer people while working for me, as long as they don't still idea's by my customers for others.
3 :
I would say find an internship position at major cartoon company, for the purpose of networking. chances of getting job there is fairly good when u have an internship . talk to the newspapers as well or talk to chamber of commerce. just a few ideas.
4 :
Do they have any original characters or strips of their own? You might try contacting magazines, newsletter publishers, and even Web sites directly with a proposal. A 6-month or 12-month deal could be negotiated if you already have a good number of chapters done. Small organizations may be more open to direct communication from artists whereas larger publishers use mainly syndicated material



 Read more discussions :