Tuesday, March 20, 2012

planning on moving to montreal.. but may be lacking job experience


planning on moving to montreal.. but may be lacking job experience?
I am considering moving to Montreal in the next year or so.. my problem is that most of my job experience doesn't qualify me for the job classifications Quebec is looking for regarding immigrants. I've worked retail jobs and have been doing freelance art (on the side) for about 6 years. I know I can make a living there, but my major obstacle is that I don't seem to fit into their job catagories anywhere. If anyone has any knowledge on this I'd greatly appreciate it! I know it's a bit of a complex issue.
Montreal - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
check out Randstad.ca , they will help you find the right job for you
2 :
You will need to learn French because most jobs require it especially retail jobs.
3 :
I agree with Martin. It'll be really hard for you to find a retail job if you don't speak French. All the jobs I've seen posted up on job sites require bilinguilism. Although if you're lucky you can find some that require primarily English, but I usually find that once in a blue moon. You said you've done some freelance art right? I'm guessing that's graphic design related. If so, then here's what my brother's friend posted up recently: A) FULL TIME GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER WANTED (TO START END OF MAY) Maximus Telecom / Ivorcom.com / von1.com and more... Maintain and update many websites related to Telecommunication, Software, Hardware, News, Law websites. Requirements: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, PHP, MYSQL Workplace: Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC Please send online Portfolio to freshmoss@gmail.com with header FULL-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER B) PART-TIME JUNIOR GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER for upcoming projects. Must have creative talent and can work under limited deadlines. Requirements: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash HTML, PHP, MYSQL language Workplace: Remotely Please send online Portfolio to freshmoss@gmail.com with header PART-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER I hope that helps & try your best to learn some French if you come here, all the signs here are in French so it'll be easier on you if you do. Best of luck



 Read more discussions :